I’ve been plugging away setting up my new wood shop between emergencies at work that conspire to steal my weekends.
I finally called it quits on fixing up the drywall. I’ve never seen such a poor job of drywall as this. I’m sure there are worse, and I hope to never see them. I patched the holes that I created to run the new outlets for the tools, and tried to float out the worst of the seams, but in the end there are too many problem spots and it’s a workshop after all.
After rolling out a coat of white paint (it really needs a second coat) the walls look OK. The problems will be less noticeable once I put in some window trim, make some tool cabinets and have a few piles of wood stacked everywhere.
I also mounted my air compressor to the concrete floor (it was still on the shipping pallet) and moved it as close to the garage door as possible to make more room for other junk.
And I re-attached the air lines to the metal shop, and added a two stage filter and regulator, and a pair of quick connects. In an ideal world this wouldn’t be so close to the compression, in my reality it’s finished and checked off the to-do list.
Tomorrow I will start running the ducting for the dust collector and install the slider extension on the table saw. The rest of the duct parts won’t come until next week, so I won’t be operational this weekend…but I’ll be really close.
Then I need to clean up and organize the metal shop. A lot of my hot rod parts and extra tools were stored in what is now my woodworking shop, so as this space has gotten progressively neater the other space has gotten a little out of control. I really want to get back to making stuff instead of setting up my workspace. This is fun, to a point, but it’s really just a means to an end.