I know, it’s a sad pun. But I made the dados for the internal dividers in the case sides tonight. I’m glad to be able to make progress on this during the week, but it’s like 30 minutes at a shot, then I have to make dinner and review homework with my son.
The jig worked flawlessly, and the dados are exactly the right size. I re-checked the space I need for my planes and saws to ensure this would hold everything. It will, with room for maybe one or two more saws and one or two more large planes. Plenty of room for joinery and molding planes.
I need to re-cut the corner joints, the 1/4″ dado for the tongue ended up too shallow on a couple of the corners. I’m not sure how that happened as the other corners are OK. I suspect that I didn’t hold the board tightly enough against the router table. It will be easy enough to correct in my fractional bit of shop time after work.