I made the top for the new sconce this morning. It was a piece of cake.
I made a template for the shape, traced it onto the edge of the Mahogany blank and band sawed it as close as I could. Then I did some shaping with rasps, 80 and 100 grit sandpaper, then smoothed it with 220. There is a slight cup in the top, but it will pull flat when the top is screwed in place I think. It should work out nicely.
I also made the four Ebony bars the go on the top and bottom of the ends of the roof, and I prepared a strip of oak to inlay into the front and back rails.
I think the next thing to do is figure out how to mount the light socket and attach the roof, and to install the brackets that hold the leather straps. I should be able to start applying finish on this tomorrow, and start making the patterns for the stained glass.