Perhaps a month or so ago I finished a pair of mission-themed sconces in quarter sawn white oak with stained glass shades. There was one significant problem with them, there was no wiring in the wall where I wanted the hang them. That meant cracking open the drywall, running wires, patching drywall, matching texture… Not something I was eager to sign up for.
Enter “Reliable Rick”. He’s a handyman that we’ve had do a number of jobs around the house, and this was right up his alley. Rick cut a couple of surgical openings in the wall, ran a new circuit from the light switch to the wall where we wanted the sconces hung and took care of all of the necessary details.
We ended up painting the room, replacing the switch covers with nice mission style brass versions and got everything finished and put back together just a few minutes ago.
As part of the room re-do we lowered the “Byrdcliffish” cabinet I built recently, the sconces are mounted on either side of the cabinet. They don’t provide a lot of light, they were more intended to provide some color and warmth..