When I started in on the top for the Blacker table the first thing I discovered was that the two boards I’d glued up for it had cupped. There was roughly a 1/8″ cup over 22″.
Both of the individual boards appeared to have cupped slightly, but part of the problem was the glue joint. So I decided to rip, re-joint and re-glue the top. I used cauls to align the two boards for the re-glue. After 24 hours in the clamps I pulled it and re-checked…it looks good. Most of the top is dead flat, with a tiny bit of cupping at one corner.
So I quickly but the tenons and assembled the top with the breadboard ends.